About Your Trip
Go wild! Immerse yourself in spectacular natural wonders on this DreamTrip near Nyeri, Kenya. Begin your adventure with a 3-course welcome dinner at Tafaria Castle and Country Lodge, a grand estate inspired by medieval architecture and the beauty of the nearby Aberdare Range, Mount Kenya and the Laikipia Plains. Spend the next morning among the diverse flora and fauna of the Solio Game Reserve, the scenic home of rhinos, zebras, buffalo, giraffes, impalas, warthogs, gazelle and many more indigenous species.
The rest of the afternoon is yours to enjoy. You can explore a wide range of available activities, including yoga, swimming, cinema and horseback riding. Later, sit down to a delicious buffet dinner as the sun sets over the plains, then hit the dance floor for disco night at the lodge.
What we love:
• Founded in 1970, Solio Game Reserve was the world’s first private sanctuary for rhinos and continues its mission to preserve endangered species.
• Tafaria Castle and Country Lodge features a dedicated Kid’s Kingdom, including a barrel train, trampolines, bounce castles, swings, slides and more.
• The history of Tafaria Castle, conceived by a local man named George Tafaria, is fascinating and inspiring. Its construction was meant to transform the poor rural community, and now countless visitors from around the world come here to enjoy the lodge and its surroundings.
This DreamTrip includes 3 days and 2 nights around Nyeri, Kenya, as well as:
• Half-day game drive at the Solio Game Reserve and nature park; includes admission fees and transportation.
• Disco night at the hotel with disc jockey entertainment.
• Welcome reception with alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks.
• Complimentary access to entertainment and activities at the hotel, like the pool table, cinema, swimming pool, PlayStation® games and more.
• Kid’s kingdom playground.
• Complimentary 24-hour Wi-Fi connection (limited downloads).
• 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners.
Airfare is not included in the trip price! The closest commercial airport to the hotel is Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (NBO), approximately 145 miles (233 kilometers). We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip.
Make sure to arrange your own transfers between the airport and your hotel, as they’re not included in the trip price.
Tafaria Castle and Country Lodge is a tranquil, enchanting retreat located near Aberdare National Park, Kenya. Guests enjoy a wide variety of available activities, including game drives, horseback riding, chariot rides, bird watching, indoor games, hiking and much more.
• Restaurant, indoor bar, outdoor snack bar and outdoor grill bar.
• Outdoor swimming pool.
• Yoga and goFit program.
• Complimentary access to entertainment and activities at the hotel, like the pool table, cinema, swimming pool, PlayStation games and more.
• Kid’s kingdom playground.
• Complimentary self-parking.
We offer an extensive selection of Double Room accommodations with:
• 1 king bed with 2 extra beds available.
• Maximum occupancy 2 adults, or 2 adults and 2 children.
• En suite bathroom.
• Television with digital satellite channels.
• Complimentary tea and coffee.
• Minibar (consumption at an additional cost).
• Complimentary Wi-Fi.
Checkout: 10 a.m.
Minimum check-in age is 18.
Tafaria Castle and Country Lodge
40 miles (65 kilometers) from Nyeri towards Nyahururu, Kenya, near Aberdare National Park
Pricing for children for this hotel may differ from (and be greater than) pricing for adults. Click BOOK IT to check. If the pricing for children differs from the pricing for adults, refer to the Policies section for further details.
Hotel Check-in Requirements
By booking this DreamTrip I understand that the hotel may request a credit card upon check-in. The hotel may request the credit card in order to: a) place a monetary hold of US$50-200; or b) hold for incidental, security or other charges. By booking, I acknowledge having received notice of this potential charge and accept that Rovia™ recommends a credit card rather than a debit or bank card be used in the event the hotel requests the card. I understand that any such request made by the hotel is outside of the control of WorldVentures™ and Rovia and is strictly a hotel policy. Should I have questions concerning the hotel’s policy, I accept responsibility for contacting the hotel independent of Rovia or WorldVentures.