About Your Trip
Go Down Under and discover the endless marvels of Fraser Island, a paradise for nature enthusiasts. Embark on a full-day guided tour of this notable UNESCO World Heritage site, the world’s largest sand island. Your adventure begins at Lake McKenzie, one of the island’s most visited spots for its brilliantly blue, crystal-clear water and glowing white sand. Next, make your way to the Central Station rainforest area to see Wanggoolba Creek, then continue to the region of its source, Pile Valley, which is known for its magnificent forests of satinay and brush box trees. Take a spin down the sand “highway” of 75 Mile Beach, a straight shot of coastline that stretches as far as you can see. Here, you’ll discover the multicolored cliffs of The Pinnacles and the fascinating remnants of the S.S. Maheno, a wreck that was washed ashore by a cyclone in 1935. Farther down the beach, visit the site where Eli Creek’s fresh waters feed into the sea. Before the tour ends, witness the living Stone Tool Sand Blow , where shifting sands cover the ancient forest in which aboriginal tools are frequently unearthed.
On Day 3, you’ll experience the uniquely Australian “Bush Tucker Talk & Taste” activity at the resort’s Seabelle Restaurant. Sit back and listen to experts suggest ways to enhance everyday dishes with edible items found in the Australian bush. Enjoy samples of indigenous berries, leaves and nuts as well as freshly cooked crocodile, kangaroo or emu.
With your ample leisure time, explore all the activities and programs that your family-friendly “green” resort has to offer. Voted by Holidays with Kids magazine as a Top 10 Family Resort, Kingfisher Bay Resort offers something for everyone.
What we love:
• Some of the rarest ferns in the world grow on Fraser Island, including one that has the largest fronds of any fern species.
• Lake McKenzie is a perched lake composed entirely of rainwater so pure that little organic life can survive in it, which helps it retain its crystalline beauty.
• Fraser Island is also scientifically significant for its wallum terrain, a unique ecosystem of shrubland that thrives in poor soil conditions.
Your DreamTrip includes 6 days and 5 nights in Fraser Island, Australia, as well as:
• Full-day, 4-wheel-drive tour of Fraser Island; includes admission to Great Sandy National Park and transportation via the resort’s air-conditioned 4-wheel-drive coach. See Additional Information for details and restrictions.
• 1-hour “Bush Tucker Talk & Taste” experience; includes bush-food samples.
• 5 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner.
• Return ferry transfers.
• Porterage service to and from the ferry terminal. See Additional Information for more details on weight limits and other restrictions.
• All local and guest-room taxes.
• An In-destination Support team member will be provided on this trip. Their goal is to ensure you have a great DreamTrips™ experience from landing to liftoff. They host a welcome reception on arrival day, attend scheduled activities throughout the trip, notify the group of itinerary updates and more.
Airfare is not included in the trip price! The closest commercial airport to Kingfisher Bay Resort’s mainland reception is Hervey Bay Airport (HBV), approximately 8 miles (13 kilometers) away. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip.
Please note: Only ferry transfers between the River Heads ferry terminal and the resort are included in this trip. If you are flying, please make your own arrangements for transfers between the airport and Kingfisher Bay Resort’s mainland reception for check-in and ferry transfer, a drive of about 15 minutes from the airport.
Round-trip ferry transfers are included from:
The River Heads ferry terminal to the Kingfisher Bay Resort's jetty on December 6 at 6:45 a.m., 9 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m. or 6:45 p.m.
The Kingfisher Bay Resort's jetty to the River Heads ferry terminal on December 11 at 7:50 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 2 p.m. or 5 p.m.
Please note: Transfers are provided only for the locations, dates and times listed above.
Kingfisher Bay Resort is an eco-friendly waterfront destination that sits lightly on the land to let the wildlife exist uninterrupted. Guests can explore the resort’s incomparable natural surroundings on Ranger- or self-guided walks, participate in abundant outdoor activities, or take to the water for kayaking, canoeing and all kinds of family fun in the sun.
• 3 restaurants and 4 bars.
• 4 pools.
• Island Day Spa.
• Beach volleyball court and tennis.
• Children’s playground.
• Water sports available (may be at an additional cost).
• Gift shop.
• Self-parking: 105 Australian dollars for 5-night period.
Standard Resort Hotel Room accommodations with:
• 1 queen bed and 1 king-single bed. No extra bed available.
• Maximum occupancy 3 adults, or 2 adults and 1 child and 1 infant. (Please note: Contact Travel Support for availability and booking for occupancy of 2 adults with 1 child and 1 infant age 2 years or younger.)
• Private balcony.
• Air conditioning.
• Bathroom with bathtub, shower and hairdryer.
• Flat-screen television.
• International subscriber dialing (ISD) telephone.
• Tea- and coffee-making facilities.
• Internet connection (for an additional fee of 15 Australian dollars per day).
Check-in: 2 p.m.
Checkout: 10 a.m.
Minimum check-in age is 18.
Kingfisher Bay Resort
PMB 1 Urangan Hervey Bay
Queensland 4655, Australia
Pricing for children for this resort may differ from (and be greater than) pricing for adults. Click BOOK IT to check. If the pricing for children differs from the pricing for adults, refer to the Policies section for further details.
Hotel Check-in Requirements
By booking this DreamTrip I understand that the hotel may request a credit card upon check-in. The hotel may request the credit card in order to: a) place a monetary hold of US$50-200; or b) hold for incidental, security or other charges. By booking, I acknowledge having received notice of this potential charge and accept that Rovia™ recommends a credit card rather than a debit or bank card be used in the event the hotel requests the card. I understand that any such request made by the hotel is outside of the control of WorldVentures™ and Rovia and is strictly a hotel policy. Should I have questions concerning the hotel’s policy, I accept responsibility for contacting the hotel independent of Rovia or WorldVentures.