About Your Trip
Stir it up in Chengdu in the Sichuan province of China! Your full-day adventure includes a visit to Sichuan Cuisine Museum in Pixian, a suburb north of the city. Start with a guided tour focused on Sichuan cuisine, culture and history. See displays of ancient cooking tools and artifacts, learn all about the region’s famed bean paste, and step into a temple devoted to the “Kitchen God.” Then, the museum’s master chef will guide you while you make 3 traditional Sichuan dishes. Afterwards, savor your creations. Your delightful experience is topped off with a certificate of completion signed by the master chef.
Travel back to the city to the busy tourist area of Jinli Street, one of the oldest shopping roads in Sichuan province. This pedestrian thoroughfare boasts a mix of teahouses, handicraft and souvenir shops, restaurants, and buildings from the Qing dynasty. Take your time to explore all this ancient street has to offer.
What we love:
• Chengdu is ideal for lovers of spicy food, and the authentic hot-pot dish originated in the city.
• Pixian is known internationally for its production of bean paste — this condiment is considered an essential ingredient of Sichuan cooking.
• With teahouses located on almost every corner of Chengdu, sipping the traditional drink (especially jasmine tea) is the perfect way to relax after exploring the city.
• Approximately 30 minutes from your hotel by car, Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding is a great place to see one of the rarest and most beloved animals in the world.
Your DreamTrip includes 4 days and 3 nights in Chengdu, China, as well as:
• Full-day tour of the Sichuan Cuisine Museum; includes cooking class, transportation and gratuities.
• English- or Chinese-speaking guide.
• Daily bottled water per person.
• 3 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners.
• An In-destination Support team member will be provided on this trip. Their goal is to ensure you have a great DreamTrips™ experience from landing to liftoff. They host a welcome reception on arrival day, attend scheduled activities throughout the trip, notify the group of itinerary updates and more.
Airfare is not included in the trip price! The closest commercial airport to the hotel is Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport (CTU), approximately 13 miles (21 kilometers) away. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip.
Round-trip airport transfers are included from:
Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport (CTU) to the hotel on November 8 at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m. or 5 p.m.
The hotel to Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport (CTU) on November 11 at 10 a.m., noon, 2 p.m. or 4 p.m.
To arrange your airport transfers, please submit flight details by October 25.
Please note: Transfers are provided only for the airport(s), dates and times listed above.
Perfectly situated in the Tongzilin area of the city, Kempinski Hotel Chengdu offers easy access to several top-rated attractions, including Tianfu Square, Sichuan Science and Technology Museum, and People’s Park. Guests who prefer to relax at the hotel can venture to the German-inspired beer garden at Paulaner Brauhaus or unwind at Green Mountain Tea House.
• 3 restaurants, 1 deli, 1 lobby bar and 1 teahouse.
• Indoor pool.
• Jivana Spa.
• Fitness center.
• Outdoor terrace.
• Butler service available.
Superior Room accommodations with:
• 1 king bed or 2 single beds. Extra bed available.
• Maximum occupancy 3 adults, 2 adults and 1 child, or 1 adult and 2 children.
• Flat-screen television.
• Working desk.
• In-room safe.
• Tea- and coffee-making facilities.
• Minibar (consumption at an additional cost).
• Complimentary Wi-Fi.
Check-in: 2 p.m.
Minimum check-in age is 18.
Kempinski Hotel Chengdu
Ren Min Nan Road 42
Chengdu 610041, China
Pricing for children for these hotels and resort mays differ from (and be greater than) pricing for adults. Click BOOK IT to check. If the pricing for children differs from the pricing for adults, refer to the Policies section for further details.
Hotel Check-in Requirements
By booking this DreamTrip I understand that the hotel may request a credit card upon check-in. The hotel may request the credit card in order to: a) place a monetary hold of US$50-200; or b) hold for incidental, security or other charges. By booking, I acknowledge having received notice of this potential charge and accept that Rovia™ recommends a credit card rather than a debit or bank card be used in the event the hotel requests the card. I understand that any such request made by the hotel is outside of the control of WorldVentures™ and Rovia and is strictly a hotel policy. Should I have questions concerning the hotel’s policy, I accept responsibility for contacting the hotel independent of Rovia or WorldVentures.