The Town of Northlake presence on social media sites is intended for informational purposes only. If you wish to contact town officials or to request town services, please visit the town’s official website at www.town.northlake.tx.us or call Northlake Town Hall at 940-648-3290.
IN AN EMERGENCY, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY
DO NOT POST WARNINGS OR NOTICES REGARDING POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS CONDITIONS HERE.
Postings on dangerous or potentially dangerous conditions are neither monitored nor handled by staff operating this forum, which exists for informational purposes only. Postings on this social media site shall not constitute "notice," either actual or constructive, to the Town of Northlake within the context of any legal challenge.
Town social media sites are not public forums; these sites are maintained and monitored by town staff to ensure that posted comments are constructive and suitable for all readers while respecting a range of opinions and points of view. Sites will be monitored on a regular basis during Northlake Town Hall normal business hours. Town staff will not respond to inquiries outside of normal business hours.
Some social media sites maintained by the town may allow the public to post comments. Posted information and comments must comply with the following regulations:
• Comments must be civil and may not contain libelous, malicious, offensive, threatening, profane or insulting language, symbols, videos or images.
• Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender, marital or financial status, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation will not be permitted.
• Personal attacks or potentially libelous statements will not be permitted.
• Advertising or promotional announcements will not be permitted.
• Comments must be within the scope of the topic under discussion.
• Comments cannot include personally identifiable information, such as an address, phone number, Social Security number or other sensitive information.
• Comments of a sexual nature or links to sexual content will not be permitted.
• Comments cannot represent a person other than the one posting the comment.
• Comments must not breach any law, confidentiality or copyright.
• Comments containing links to other websites or pages must be relevant to the topic.
• Comments cannot serve electoral campaign purposes. Political messages will not be published except for announcements of town elections or voter encouragement campaigns.
• Comments encouraging illegal activity will not be permitted.
• Solicitations of commerce will not be permitted.
• Chat functions in any social media site shall not be used.
• Comments failing to meet these regulations, or deemed inappropriate for reasons not currently described in this policy, may be removed at the town’s discretion.
• Town staff will not make or respond to comments regarding Council policy.
• Comments regarding Council policy should be directed to Town council members via Town email.
• Town staff will not make editorial comments or state personal opinions.
The Town of Northlake does not warrant or make representations or endorsements as to the quality, content, suitability, accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained on a social media site’s server or any other server. Such materials have been compiled from a variety of sources, and are subject to change without notice from the town. The town’s primary and predominant Internet presence shall remain the town’s official website at www.town.northlake.tx.us and no other website or social media site shall characterize itself as such.
Except to the extent required by law, commercial use of the materials is prohibited without the written permission of the town.
Some of the links on the town’s social media pages may lead to resources outside the Town of Northlake municipal government. The presence of these links should not be construed as an endorsement by the town of these sites or their content. The town is not responsible for the content of any such external link. The responsibility for content rests with the third-party organizations that are providing the information.
Except to the extent required by law, communications made through email and comments posted shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to the Town of Northlake or any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents or representatives with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action against the agencies, officers, employees, agents or representatives where notice to the Town is required by any federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. Notice of any claim must be filed in writing to the Town Secretary of the Town of Northlake, 1400 FM 407, Northlake, TX, 76247.
The official Facebook page for the Town of Northlake, Texas, Municipal Government Organization.